EES SUCCESS ACADEMY
"come bloom wth us"
5270 Riverdale, Memphis, TN 38141
To support the work of Expanded Educational Services, Inc.'s Success Academy, make all monetary dontations here. For in kind donations, call the office at 901-265-3344 or email Alicia Simpson at [email protected]
Sponsor a Child's Tuition TODAY!
Success Academy is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year. We will only enroll families who are truly committed and passionate about our model and method. Class begins August 8, 2022 at 8am.
COVID-19 Precautions: Our facilities are sanitzed daily by local leading Infection Prevention expert, Rescue Enterprise For more information about their services, visit them online at www.rescue712.org
Once upon a time, education was simple. It was basic and not convoluted. Children sat in a one room schoolhouse and they achieved. They advanced in higher levels of learning as their teacher knew them as individuals and ensured that they received what they needed academically.
They were not compared to and forced to compete with their peers across the state and nation. The focus was whether or not they were working to the height of their own potential. That was then. It is time to revisit and champion the strategies of old. They were effective. We now introduce to you, Success Academy, for that time has come again!
Success Academy is a hybrid educational concept with an academic year that is comprised of three trimesters in operation four days per week 8am -12pm Monday through Thursday. Families complete assignments at home on Fridays.
Is Success Academy for My Family?
1. Are you concerned that your child is not progressing or not being challenged academically?
2. Are you concerned that your child does not like school due to his/her lack of academic or social success (bullying; socially awkward/ not fitting in, disruptive or chaotic environment or another reason)?
3. Do you feel that the traditional school day is too long and prevents adequate family time?
Enrollment Interest Form
Complete this form and our enrolment specialist will contact you.
2022-2023 School Year
Enrolment is now open for the 2022-2023 school year which begins Monday August 8, 2022. To reserve your child's space, complete the Interest Form and pay the $200 registration fee ASAP.
Dr. Candace Jones is the founder of EES's Success Academy. "We have expanded our services into the launch of a K-12 school, Success Academy, that will meet the academic and social needs of students who are currently facing challenges inherent in traditional education. Some students are suffering from the lack of concerted attention they need from their teachers to achieve academically. Others may simply need to be challenged but cannot be due to their teacher’s class load being too high or curricular restraints that will not allow a
student to advance past the current grade level in the same year. Additionally, some students are suffering due to trauma and other behavioral health issues. If these factors are ignored, success will scarcely be attainable. To meet the aforementioned growing need for Memphis area students, Success Academy is providing a unique program, strategically designed to ensure that every student attains success. Further, Success Academy exists solely to ensure that children learn and grow in a nurturing environment absent of the constraints inherent in traditional school bureaucracy and budgetary restraints. We exist simply as an alternative for parents who want to secure a healthy, flourishing, successful future for their children."
Success Academy's program revolves around the tenets of repetition, memorization, project-based learning, experiential learning, character education, team work, developing and exhibiting effective verbal and written communication skills, developing a healthy self-image and establishing positive and healthy interpersonal relationships.
Enrichment, Enhancement, Success
- Students who are behind academically will make progress within 3 months due to the intensive Zero Barriers to Success strategy we have created.
- Students who are able to complete their grade level goals before the end of the year will begin working on the next grade level goals.
- Students will author and publish at least one book per academic year.
- All students are required to start and run their own business as part of their schooling program. They will be taught the tenets of entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, advertising and business skills as part of the curriculum. The purpose is to graduate students who are ready to live on their own, care for themselves financially and make notable contributions to their community by establishing hope, jobs and legacy.
- It is possible that some students will graduate before age 18.
- High schoolers will be dually enrolled at a partner college to earn an associate’s degree at the same time they graduate from high school.
- Students who would prefer an alternate path will work towards obtaining licensure by 12th grade graduation in various vocational/technical fields including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, and or contracting.
- Instead of preparing high schoolers for college, we prepare elementary and middle schoolers for high school!
Healthy Self-Image & Character
Success Academy places a strong emphasis on the importance of good character. Students are impressed upon to consistently intentionally work on perfecting their character by means of self reflection and goal setting which includes questioning their own motives, considering others before themselves and learning empathy by activley considering what it might feel like to personally experience the concerns of others.
One Room School House
Success Academy champions a One Room School House approach. Middle and high school students, where appropriate, are paired with elementary students to shore up skill deficits in older students. Both age groups benefit from the collaboration. Older students will tutor the younger via rote learning with a focus on whole language and fact memorization. Research champions this model as it solidifies the knowledge in the older while propeling the younger towards attainment of higher level thinking skills, enhanced articulation and vocabulary skills. Additionally, the younger students benefit from the positive mentorship moments spent with those whom they admire. Research touts the great benefits for all age groups who participate in this type of collaborative learning.
Parent - School Partnerships
At Success Academy, parent-school partnerships are not a request, they are a must. Great relationships don't just happen, they are cultivated. Research shows that it is essential that parents be actively involved in the education process with their children. Parents, teachers and administrators must work together to ensure the success of all students. Success Academy parents are a unique breed of parents. They do not rely upon TV or tablets to raise their children. They actively insert themselves into absolutely every area of their children's lives - including their phones, their closets and their friendships.
This whole process is what we call BLOOM - a flourishing, healthy condition.